AB Gayle and LJ LaBarthe.
Thank you ladies for participating - now let's see those answers!
1. What state do you live in?
AB: New South Wales.
LJ: South Australia
2. What’s the bird emblem of your state?
LJ: Piping shrike.
3. Did you have to look that up?
LJ: Only to find out which shrike it is—I knew it was a shrike!
4. Favourite season?
5. Favourite ice cream flavour?
LJ: Peanut butter and chocolate swirl.
6. Favourite colour?
LJ: Green, red, black.
7. Three people from history you’d like to meet?
AB: Jane Austen, Rev Thomas Kendall, Hongi Hika. (Hey you said one word answers! )
Renae: Picky! :P
LJ: Queen Melisande of Jerusalem, Peter Cushing, Anna Comnena. And I'm going to cheat a bit and add a fourth: Basil II the Bulgar Slayer, Emperor of Byzantium.
Renae: **consults Google for all these people** I'm so uneducated!
8. Do you prefer dinner parties, or raves?
AB: Dinner Party - there's food.
LJ: Dinner parties, these days. When I was younger, I would have said going out to see local punk rock bands.
Renae: **makes note** No one has chosen rave yet...
9. Star sign?
LJ: Cusp on Virgo and Libra.
10. Morning bird, or night owl?
AB: Both Crap in the middle of the day.
LJ: Both. It varies from day to day.
11. Preferred beverage?
LJ: I really like Charlie's raspberry lemonade crush. Coke is my weakness!
12. Pizza, burger or chinese?
LJ: Chinese. Especially from Happy Corner Chinese Restaurant.
Renae: I notice LJ slipped in some advertising there...
13. Beach, forest or mountains?
LJ: All of the above. You can have a forest bordering the beach with a mountain beside it!
14. Author you admire?
AB: John Wiltshire.
LJ: Oh, too many to list.
15. Favourite book you’ve written?
LJ: It changes with each new book, but at the moment, it'd be a tie between "City of Jade," "Waiting for the Moon and You," and "The Bone Cup."
16. Your next book release and when?
AB: Good Question.
LJ: "A Shot in the Dark" sometime in the first quarter of 2015. I don't have the exact release date yet.
17. If you weren’t a writer, would you go mad?
LJ: Who says I'm not already mad? MWAHAHAHAHA ahem.
18. Greatest writing inspiration – pictures, people or plots?
LJ: All three, and music, the weather, dreaming, travel, conversations… you name it.
19. Most frustrating part of writing?
LJ: Titles. I fail at them.
20. Website contact?